This month we interviewed Dr. Uma Naidoo, a Harvard trained Nutritional Psychiatrist, professional chef, and nutritional biologist, and author of the bestselling This is Your Brain on Food and her new book, Calm Your Mind with Food.
In this episode Uma shares her unique insights on how what we eat affects our mental health. We explore her ground-breaking approach to nourishing both body and mind, exploring the complex connection between diet and brain health. Prepare to be inspired as Dr. Naidoo guides us through practical, science-backed tips for eating our way to a happier, healthier state of mind.
- Focus on nutritional psychiatry and the connection between diet and mental health.
- How do certain nutrients influence one’s mental well-being.
- Naidoo discusses the prevalence of anxiety and how nutrition plays a significant role in managing it.
- Naidoo’s personal experiences with anxiety.
- The gut-brain axis: How the gut and brain are interconnected, and how this connection influences mental health.
- Nutritional approaches to anxiety and how various micronutrients can help in maintaining well-being.
- Naidoo’s book Calm Your Mind with Food.
- Practical tips and advice on how to manage anxiety through diet.
- The Six Pillars to a calm mind.