This month we interviewed Robert Yang, author of Hole-in-One Nutrition and an internationally sought after presenter on the topics of nutrition, gut health, and performance enhancement. Robert is an advisory board member for the Titleist Performance Institute and the National Pitching Association. He consults with elite professional athletes from the X-Games, NFL, MLB, AVP, PGA, LPGA and European Tour.
Key Discussion Points:
- Importance of water intake for energy levels.
- The negative effects of sleep deprivation on gut diversity and hormonal balance.
- The impact of certain foods on gut health and systemic inflammation.
- The importance of individualized dietary choices and testing for food sensitivities.
More About Robert Yang:
- Hydration and Energy: Robert explains the importance of water intake to increase energy levels. His recommendation is to drink 25% of daily water intake first thing in the morning with a teaspoon of salt.
- Sleep and Its Impact on Health: The podcast touches on the critical role sleep plays in overall health. This includes the negative effects of sleep deprivation on gut diversity and hormonal balance.
- Gut Health and Nutrition: Robert expands on the connection between gut health and energy levels. He does this by explaining the impact of certain foods on gut health and systemic inflammation.
- Dietary Choices and Inflammation: Some common inflammatory foods are eggs, dairy, gluten and corn. Although everyone is different, so individual dietary choices and testing are recommended.