Well, I’ve been in a deep-coding mindset the past two days and a lot of progress has been made. I’m using an awesome developer service called bitbucket to host my code. It’s a mercurial source control management system complete with a nice bug tracker and wiki tools. Looking through the past two days of commits, I can see a lot of changes:
- Revamped the FOODS tab and made it look pretty
- Squashed a lot of bugs with editing foods and recipes
- Improved login security
- Replaced deprecated GWT components like DockPanel and the GWT Vizualizations (graphs)
- Added a nice pop-up help button for slick embedded help. I plan to make use of this a lot.
- Added keyboard shortcuts like tab & enter, and delete key in core data entry UI
- The app keeps it’s session alive with the server now, so you don’t get logged out with inactivity
- Lots of improvements to the aesthetics
It’s been busy, productive time.
What’s next on the todo list?
- More Bug Squashing!
- Better charts and graphs
- Importing data for the open source standalone CRON-O-Meter